Support a New Community with the Forest at its Heart
Join Us for the Launch of Copeland Forest Friends
Saturday October 3 from 10 am to Noon
- Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides ***Cancelled*** due to winds.
- Barbecue. $7 per person or take out a membership and get a free lunch.
- Presentation on Horseback Trail Riding
- Mountainbike Skills Training with Ride Guides Noon to 1 pm *
- Horseshoe Resort Mountainbike Joyride Course will be set up and open 10 am to 2 pm
- Nature Walk with Brereton Field Naturalists and Orillia Naturalists’ Club
- Hike with Ganaraska Hiking Trail Association)
- Horseshoe Resort’s Special Events Trailer will be on-site.
Memberships will be available for $25
Thanks to generous donations from local businesses, the majority of proceeds raised at the event will be used to fund the work of Copeland Forest Friends.
*Bring your bikes (the kids bikes too) and have some fun: Ride Guides will be doing a bike skills workshop from noon to 1 pm. The workshop is open to all who would like to learn more about bike handling. There will also be some riding obstacles there to practice your new skills. From 10 am to noon there will also be short guided rides out into the Copeland Forest, another good reason to bring the bikes.
July 2014: How Are We Doing?
May 2014: Copeland Forest Spring Workshops
November 2013: Public Meeting To Present Copeland Report
May 2013: Copeland Forest News
Copeland Forest Spring News & Events 2013
December 3, 2012: Copeland Forest News
October 12, 2012: If Copeland Forest has a place in your heart…
June 21, 2012: More dates for Garlic Mustard pulls
May 22, 2012: Volunteer to control Garlic Mustard
April 11, 2012 Copeland Spring Events Newsletter
February 8, 2012 Copeland Forest Newsletter
September 1, 2011: General Newsletter
September 19, 2011: General Newsletter
October 23, 2011: Mountainbiker’s Meeting Announcement